Theoriesofpersonality

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Has it been that long?

I missed my veganversary. It was July 26. I was going to celebrate by baking cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World. I settled for pumpkin dough nuts:
pumpkin dough nuts
I started with a two week trial and was really surprised that it wasn't more difficult. and I've learned a few things...

1. You can't assume anything. I should have learned this lesson as a vegetarian, but, you need to really be diligent when checking labels. I had no idea how much dairy is present in most food.

2. When going on an outing, take snacks. I'm sure this would be less of a problem in a larger city. Finding vegan-friendly fare when out and about can be a challenge. G.O.R.P. is your friend.

3. Everyone will ask you what you eat. Everyone. When you give the answer "anything that's not meat, dairy, or eggs", they'll ask again.

4. Road's End shells and chreese is really quite good. (I like to mix it with leftover channa masala.)

5. There are some really awesome vegan websites.

6. I should have gone vegan a long time ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home