Theoriesofpersonality

Friday, March 16, 2007

You need to move on.

*sigh*
You're really going to make me say this? O.K.
I know, I'm the one that began this relationship. I saw you and found you interesting. I began to know just where I could find you when I went out. I looked forward to seeing you-especially on weekends. I also know that even though you were pushing for it, I'm the one who decided to take our relationship to the next level. I don't know, maybe we moved too quickly into a commitment we weren't ready for? Maybe I just wanted it to work out so badly that I looked past your flaws? Finding little idiosyncrasies to be more endearing than annoying. I take full blame for that. I also take the blame for the length of our liaison. I had been thinking about getting out for a while. I guess I was hoping for a spontaneous improvement from you.You had so many good qualities. You were always punctual. I'm sorry. You know that. When I broke it off, I thought you understood. We made a clean break. I moved on and thought you would have, too.
That's why I was so surprised when you called me the other day.
I think I handled your call well. I was friendly, but, not too friendly. I let you know that there was no reason to call me again.
But, you did. Why did you call me again? A second and third time? It's sad really. So, Pantagraph I'm writing this in the hopes that you'll stop calling. I no longer want home delivery. I don't even pick up the Sunday edition when I'm out running errands. Please, lose my number.

3 Comments:

  • Hi Crystal,
    We're trying to get in touch with you at 10 Things, via your flickrmail.

    Take care!
    J

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:31 AM  

  • LOL...oh wow, you had me fooled. Good one. Very well written.

    K e v i n (from flickr)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:29 AM  

  • Thanks, Kevin.

    By Blogger Crystal, at 11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home