Theoriesofpersonality

Sunday, June 28, 2009

That's not lingonberry jam

Apparently, pumpkin french toast* smells like Ikea. Both kids, without first hearing the other say so, walked into the kitchen and said "It smells like Ikea in here".

*recipe from Isa Chandra Moskowitz and her new cookbook Vegan Brunch. I'd buy a copy if I were you.

Speaking of Ikea, I've been flipping through my catalog and drooling over Ikea-laden images at Apartment Therapy. Why? Because I've also been looking at houses. I've only toured two so far. This one is a no. House number two is very nearly perfect. It is move-in ready, it's affordable, it's on a corner lot, has a two car garage, room for a garden (and possibly a green house), has finished space in the basement, and tons of potential. It also has only one bathroom, and both the bath and kitchen are due for renovations.
I think we have a realtor that we'd like to work with, I just wish there were a way to speed up the whole process. It's not easy to house hunt when you're picky and impatient.

In other news, Katie, my baby, will be starting Jr. High in the fall. Caleb has only one year left in grade school, and then I will have two tweens. It's bittersweet. It's easy to miss all the cute little kid experiences, but they're also turning into such awesome people. Katie is going through her pretentious I-can't-believe-you-cal-that-stuff-you-listen-to-music phase. She's been listening to Japanese death metal and a handful of Finnish bands. She's also been adding the White Stripes to her cello practice sessions. Caleb spends most of time reminding us that he's too old for things. I think the next few years will be very interesting.

1 Comments:

  • omg!! you are *totally* going to find the perfect place! it gets rough sometimes looking at some of the houses out on the market but hang in there!!

    By Blogger r4kk4, at 5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home