Theoriesofpersonality

Saturday, August 05, 2006

I went on a very Brady hike


I went on a very Brady hike today
Originally uploaded by Crystl.
So yesterday, I finally made my way up to Matthiessen State Park. It's full of these wonderful caves, and, had I brought my tripod, I'd actually have decent pictures of them. Ah, next time. Unfortunately, this late in the season, the waterfalls aren't active. I'll have to make a point of going back in the spring if I want to see them. The trails at Starved Rock (about five minutes away) have been covered with wooden and metal structures to protect the sandstone from erosion. It's less like hiking and more like stair climbing. Matthiessen has more actual hiking trails with rocks to perch upon and branches to limbo under. Not to mention, this great stone Hawaiian Punch lookin' guy. Don't you just love him? He's tiki-riffic.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home